Friday, April 16, 2010

Stamping on Muslin

I had seen a card of Lynn Stevens that I loved where she had used a transfer of a stamp with gel medium on muslin. I loved the look and have been using more fabrics and sewing in my cards. So I bought some muslin and just stamped this face on it. I colored it in slightly - lips and eyes and sewed it to my card. The background is, of course, the ND Handpainted Paper that has pieces of the telephone book in the background. I just LOVE the gesso on these backgrounds. I glued on some prima flowers, beads and a red heart. I wanted to tie in the subtle red that is in the background paper. The first background is different than the latter two cards.



1 comment:

  1. Wow Sharon that background is a jaw dropper! awesome . Thanks for the shout out too. Muslin is so much fun. Theres so many cool things you can do with it. I like to dye it too with walnut crystals, coffee or tea!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like....

Related Posts with Thumbnails