Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Hearts Canvas

I made this 8X8 canvas for my friends birthday. She has a funky clock with the same color scheme, and wanted to hang it with that.
The base is a sheet of 90 lb watercolor paper. I added many different handmade papers and torn pages from books. I used white paint on a foam stamp, a heart stamp on paper, fabric, felt, button, beeswax over the music stanza. I glued it to a large piece of felt and then onto the canvas which was painted in Titan Buff. The sides were adorned with light molding paste applied through a stencil.  Here is a side view of that. It is a fabulous look :)  Thank you for your comments, always welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - beautiful layering, beautiful colors. Love the treatment on the side, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas and, yes, the stencil on the outside is wonderful! Your art is evolving Sharon! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like....

Related Posts with Thumbnails